What you can use the multiple choice component for, and how you can customize it
The multiple-choice component is the most common way users can choose an option/s back to a question you have asked in your form! You can add the component by drag n dropping the below icon into your step:
Once you drag n drop the multiple choice component into your step, the left-hand toolbar will change to display all of the traits of the component:
All form components can:
- Change the ID of the component
- Change the question being asked (and whether a question appears at all)
- Add in a description to add context to the question
- Select whether your customers must answer this question to proceed
- Specific to the multiple-choice, you can:
- Select whether your customers can select multiple options or a single option
- Add in extra options by selecting "Add Option."
- Change the display (what customers see as the answers) and the value (what is stored in your data). These are the same as the default.
- Add in an "Other" option that gives your customers the option to add in free text.
- Change how the multiple choice looks.
When "Select multiple?" is unticked, you will have a choice between tags and radio buttons:
When "Select multiple?" is ticked, you will have a choice between rats and checkboxes:
- Change the layout of how the multiple choice options appear in your flow: